check out these deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FARMERlawn03, Jun 23, 2003.

1. FARMERlawn03

FARMERlawn03 LawnSite Member

some deere on my lawn, yes it is a little thin, I know.
    Is there anything i can do to make my lawn thicker? I am on a five step fert. process! I think its soil compaction.

2. FARMERlawn03

FARMERlawn03 LawnSite Member

ah deere

deere0001.jpg

3. the gravely man

the gravely man LawnSite Member

Grab the shotgun lol that is more than i seen in the last 2 seasons for deer hunting:(

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

This spring we had twin fawns visit our yard. A little hard to see them but they came within 20 feet of me and just watched.

1.jpg

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

if i catch some i'll ship them to you Gravely Man. fricken deer around here eat everything. We've got quite a few herds and mothers with 2-3 fawns each. Much more than i've ever remembered seeing in previous years.

I see or come close to hitting a deer by the sides of roads almost every night around here.

6. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

If your from the midwest or in my case Iowa.. You dont need to be a deer hunter to catch yourself a deer. My family hit 3 deer this last winter causing over 3,000 dollars worth of repairs. (ON THE SAME HIGHWAY?????? Talk about bad luck..

heh.... .. Anyone have any deer/roadkill stories?

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

There is usually something nice to watch while working and seeing deer is definitely a nice site. The wildlife is running out of room to live here with all of the growth and cars are hitting a lot of animals.

Gravely_Man

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Send them All To Me, I Love watching Deer Play.
    John

9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone hunt on a customers property?

I Bush Hog an area once a month that is loaded with deer, turkey, and birds. The beavers haved moved in in the last couple of years and created a pretty large pond.
    They asked if I would have been intrested in trapping the beavers and taking out the dam's a few times, but I turned it down.
    Now I'm thinking about aproaching them about getting the hunting rights for the grounds, and seeing if they would be willing to stock the new ponds will some Georgia Giants and Bass.

10. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Great Pictures! They are PLENTIFUL around here. Can't wait until deer season!