check out these gas cans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, Feb 28, 2008.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I've seen those somewhere. Those are too cool, and inexpensive. Best spout design I've seen, if it's durable. I hate most of the new spouts they've had to go to to prevent spillage.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Those look really coooool:cool2:

4. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

ya ive got about 10 of them in 5 and 2.5 gallon sizes, they work great and flow so fast =) and the push button is nice, the spouts will split over time tho close to the yellow part, but i think you can buy new ones, i know you can buy the screw on part and not the whole can, but we just slow down the flow a bit, not biggie. i think they were 14 for the 2.5 and 16 for the 5 gal could be wrong but its been a while. work great tho

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

These cans aren't going to last....we have several 5 gallon and they don't have any way for air to get in/out when just sitting in the truck. This morning at 40F the tank shrank down and look like a prune....there was little gas in it. No way for air to get in. The other day with it full and temp was 80F it looked like a balloon and was very unstable. Just a couple design flaws to work out.

6. millenium_123

millenium_123 LawnSite Member

I had that problem with one of my gas cans, like the ones that come from walmart so I just poked a hole in the top of it, seemed to work pretty good.
    I just ordered one of these off of the link. It was 27.95 but I thought I'd give it a try. The new ones made by Blitz spill gas all over the place!

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a few of these at the GIE show about 4 years ago. I don't mind them but they do blow up or prune shape down when temp changes.

8. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Metal valve stem works great for this. Drill small hole in can, thread in short valve stem, and voila! Vent when you want it, closed off when you don't!

(just be sure to clean the shavings out before pouring gas in your equipment!! :hammerhead: )

9. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i run them and love em. Never had a problem with the expanding though as they self vent. And they flow great too compared to the ventless ones.

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Poke or drill the hole under the handle (where your fingers wrap around). This way you are providing better protection from water entering your can if it's ever caught out in the rain.