check out this auction.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Sep 6, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

its a 61" encore with a 22hp kohler. 3200 hours, and he says its gently used. when i asked him how could it be gently used with that many hours and heres his response. also $4800 for it.:dizzy:
    "It wasnt used comercialy as in mowing as a business and you cant tell me there isnt a diffrence between mowing your own property which you keep all the trash picked up and mowing others property which usaly is full of hazards also a person tends to take better care about something you own and have paid your own hard earned money for as opposed to someone who works for a mowing service who dosent know about the equipment or is to ignorant to care how they treat it. Thank you for your question"
  2. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

So, he's mowed his lawn over a 1000 times?

Yea right.
  3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHA No bids either lol
  4. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

He has a 5 acre yard. Let's say one cut per week it takes him 5 hours to cut that with that giant mower. That is 260 hours per year. So that is mower is 12 years old?
  5. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

IMO, that guy has been out in the sun too long Randy...hell what's a little drive from KY to OK anyhow? :laugh:
  7. lawnwizards

hey, you seriously have an escalade? got any pics?
  8. lawnwizards

i'm not gonna buy anything right now rod. i was just looking to see if anyone else on this planet had an encore mower. i was beginning to think i was the only one but now i know theyre worth more then gold.:laugh: also, its 960 miles to OK and it would take me 14 hours and 13 minutes.. no thanks.
  9. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

is still a bunch of hours, gentle or not:laugh: Price seems waaaay on the high side!
  10. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

dam my Z has only 1650hrs (1998 model). Does that mean mine is worth what it was when new. $6800? or even more.?