Check out this bargain auction on eBay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnchoice, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

lol its probally stolen

3. Summertime Lawn

Summertime Lawn LawnSite Member

What concerns me is it says it is a 2004, but the filler necks on the gas tanks are small and the dash is still on the front of the mower. Exmark made the filler necks bigger a few years ago to fix a leaking problem around the caps and the controls were repositioned in 2003 if I remember right. Though it is 4 in the morning and I may not be remembering correctly.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's also a 72" and not a 60".

In any case it's a scam from someone outside of the US.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree its someone outside the US pulling this. Because just look at the spelling and word choice

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Says that he is located in the United States, but has the statement "Sorry but no local pick up".....BOOM!!!....there's a flag. Another flag is no history...anotherwards, this is his first auction.

Somebody should send him an email stating that you would like to look at the unit. Ask him for his location and see what he says.. I would, but I am at work and don't remember my signon and password.

7. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

just sent a question off to the guy to see what he has to say about wanting to see it.

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I just sent him an e-mail and asked where he is at and can I see the mower. LOL Im sure he will let me come look at it.

9. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like somebody got a hold of a picture and did a little research and made a fraudulant auction to me. I was very wery so I fowarded the auction to Ebay security center. Gonna let them figure it out. Hope its not tooo late for that poor soul who has already bid.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, that "looks" to be part of the scam. Fishingbowhunter1970 has a zero history. They created the account just so they could bid on it themselves to make it look more legitimate.