Check out this brand of ride on I have never heard of

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassman177, Oct 2, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, pretty neat machine. you southern guys may have seen more of these, but here it is a new item to hear about.

what do you guys think about its uses for turf and ornamental etc???

basically a walker mower that has been customized for applications.

here it is, a video

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Looks all right a little on the big size. the tank on the back looks awful big.but i guess some of that covers up the engine

It wouldn't work for me doesn't look like it would work on a hill side very well.

Looks like the nozzles are all plumbed individually.

Looks like flat fan tips thought would have to be changed not for me. Drift city.

Looks like joy stick steering that would be neat.

Charles Cue
  3. grassman177

there was two handles, so regular ztr steering like a walker mower.

it is very low to the ground, but yes hills could be an issue. the tank is huge to accomodate production. it is 74 gal. they used flat fan, but claim low drift as the boom is very low to the ground. you could always change the nozzles to AI. it is neet withthe folding booms and ablility to go through 48in gates but able to spray 12ft, or even 16ft with extensions.
    i am not a walker mower fan, but it looks pretty easy to manuever. the video if you watch the whole thing it mentions it was built for the southern grasses and terrain so.........
  4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I know my Walker rep told me that Walker used to sell bare tractors to some spray companies in the past. I wonder how old this video is, because I have not seen any type of a Walker tractor sprayer in awhile. The few I have seen were several years old.
  5. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

looks preaty cool this is my frist time seeing one.
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen some other set-ups similar to that. I know Dixie years ago used to sell their stripped down mowers for an applicator company, just with a different paint scheme.

Earlier this year I seen a crew with what looked like Ex-Mark frames with a full setup for spraying and spreading.

Looks like a good machine, and also looks like a lot of capacity over some of the others I've seen.

Makes me wonder though if you could build your own out of an old ztr and you can specifically design it to fit your needs.
  7. grassman177

oh, sure you can build your own, it would only take a good fabricator and a man with a plan!

i thought this was a very nice machine. it would be ideal for very large areas like government jobs, etc
  8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I love the shorts, no gloves/goggles. looks like a walker chassis
  9. grassman177

i know, they never wear ppe on vdieomercials right !
  10. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

It looks slow and cumbersome compared to a Z. The boom is to low.