check out this deal

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BMFD92, Sep 22, 2006.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well he didn't show hours or milage so it could be high. He has sold several units like that online so he's either big or a dealer and that tilt deck looks like sh!t; look how high it is off the ground evenn tilted:cry: If that truck has under 150K and runs great and the machine has less the 800hr.s then its a good buy. But EVERYthing must be in perfect working condition.

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

If only you knew what you were talking about...Yeah..its all sh!t allright...:hammerhead:

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty good setup, truck looks very clean. Depending on miles on the truck and hours on the 277, it may or may not be a good deal. There's nothing wrong with that trailer, the ride height is about the same as any new Trailmax, Trail King, or anything like that. It's a nice piece compared to some of the crap guys run around here, I know guys that have trailers from the 60's that haven't been repainted since they were new, they look like rolling piles.

The only thing that would worry me a little about that trailer is having a steel deck. I can't quite tell if it's steel or not, it looks to be painted the same color as the trailer leading me to believe that it is. It could also be sheeted plywood, but it's kinda tough to tell.

But obviously the best part of the deal is the "nice JD cap" he gives you. :dizzy:

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

That seems like an ok deal if you had the money to blow, you could easily pick up the pcs seperate for less money. The hours on the 277 makes it worth about $14000 -$17000 maybe a little more with the new tracks. Ever since the hurricane the market has been flooded with 247 257 and 277 cats for sale with about 1500 hours. check out this link www.Ironplanet.com That truck could have 300,000 miles and just have been repainted.

6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

yea i was just looking threw the dump truck section on ebay and i came across it. I think the whole deal looks sketchy because there isn't much info on the equipment. The Iron Planet looks more effecient and safe then ebay.

7. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I wouldn't spend $50K on some oolldd trailer and truck with probobly 250K+ on it, the only think thats worht the big $$$$ is the CAT; also like Scag48 said that the deck could be steel.

BTW splicer do I need to bring up one of your threads?!?:dizzy: :laugh: I can tell by what you use you know ALOT about equipment.:hammerhead: :dizzy: :sleeping:

8. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Well since YOU don't have any eqipment...One can only imagine that you led your son to the equipment he has...and if you didn't...you should have stopped him...My equipment makes me money payup...WTF is your excuse:hammerhead:

Again...as evidenced by your last post...you know not what you speak...:hammerhead: :laugh:

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Oh don't kid yourself that tilt trailer is older than the hills it looks like a Miller it probably dates back to the 70s they were built from army surplus. You can't get parts for them anymore especially brakes.

The reason why I know is the one contractor I worked for had one sold it for a offroad trailer and another contractor bought one and found out you can't get parts for it. Looked up some of the serial numbers and it dated back to the early 60s it was army surplus stuff. They had to custom build new brake drums and custom build brake shoes.

The Freightliner isn't worth much and the Cat skid steer must have really high hours on it.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

No doubt that trailer is old, but it's just a trailer. As long as everything functions properly, no reason to not to use it.