check out this interesting gimmick

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Mar 24, 2013.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I am having trouble understanding how that system achieves close in coverage with a single gear drive head. Especially a PGP. Those heads are normally dependent on having adequate pressure at each head and sufficient head to head overlap to prevent dry spots around each sprinkler. Unless the head operates in such a manner that each rotation varies the stream length within the set radius like an MP Rotator or Toro Super 300. Even then, those two heads need to be designed into a system that overlaps each head.

3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

This is really going to make new installs simpler. No more head to head BS with all those stations

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Cheaper to install also...charge the same price... more profit...
    I'm skeptical of it acheiving uniform du ...seems like there would be lots of runoff as rotors don't throw square patterns...unless it varied the distance via aperature or pressure changes/volume
    I predict lots of service calls related to head spraying on house, into other yards, on driveways...power loss resetting the software...
    I'd hope it works...lots of innovative ideas poorly executed fail and disappear

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Funny how these wonder products never provide any independent performance data. I also find it amusing with all the talk about uniformity, and yet I have seen nothing on the uniformity of the product ... potential or otherwise. Perhaps I missed it ..... or not.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Who wouldn't want a $250 "granite-covered" sprinkler head? :p

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The word on the street is that they are in negotiations with a forum sponsor to develop a granite sprinkler protection device. I hear they are leaning on marketing it as the Rock Sock.

couldn't help myself

:hammerhead:
    Posted via Mobile Device