Check out this job...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PTSolutions, Aug 15, 2014.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

6500sq. ft. of actual soil area. Depth of removal to 3".

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You're going to be hauling about 80 yards. Not too bad, i moved 40 in 2 days with the pt but it was super tight and i was doing other stuff
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

6500 sf at 3" is 60 cubic yards

4. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget a fluff factor of 20-30%. I would plan on total yardage being closer to 70-80 yds trucked off.

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess everyone does there calculations different . I do the exact calculation and then plan on fitting 14 cy in a full size dump . This gives me my fluff factor when I calculate how many loads I will be removing. I only hire full size tri axles so it may not work if you use smaller or various size trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Any thoughts about weight on the roof having dumpsters full of aggregate and material sitting up there?

7. PTSolutions

from OH

I dont want to have any type of bin sitting up there for a couple reasons. 1) the only access area is off that wooden deck, so I don't want to chance it on there. If it was on the concrete, then maybe. 2) using the bins, I would have to pay for a crane to sit around and rotate the bins up and down.

If I do a long term rental with a large (10k class) telehandler with bucket, would alleviate all the weight issues.

This job just about tripled because they are interested in a more decorative, black polished river rock instead of the standard #34 gravel. Its still not confirmed, the designers wanted to look into other aesthetic options.

Plus this stone comes in super sacks (1 ton palletized bags) so the telehandler would help bring them up easily as well.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Supersacks would be great but the pt might need them half full to move them. I didnt try to lift much with mine though but my mustang 940 doesnt really like them full

9. PTSolutions

from OH

We might be able to work out of the bags, or cut them open and spill them onto laid out plywood while the pallet is strapped to the telehandler.

10. njoutdoors

njoutdoors LawnSite Member
    from NNJ

why are they even doing this? the cost for rock vs just properly planting it and maintaining it would be minimal and it would give you a nice maintenance contract, which will constantly keep you in front of the management company, building your relationship and leading to more projects....just a thought.

if they demand this rock, what are your plans to protect the decking?
    irrigation for plants?