1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check Out This Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LASTEC, Jan 21, 2004.

LASTEC LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,
    This is one of the mowers I'm testing I wanted you guys to take a look and let me know what you think. The ditch im cutting would normaly be line trimed, but with this artiulating offset wing im able to mow about 90% of the ditch. It also works great around the lake and under lowgrowing white pines aswell as on flat ground. I hope the picture gets attached i have not posted a pic before.

wing in ditch.jpg
  2. JHMlandscapes

JHMlandscapes LawnSite Member

That is a very interesting idea. Kinda like a built on flex-deck. If you had a lot of ponds or low trees...that would be a savior.

3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Can ya raise an lower that extension? Or does it just ride with the pitch? The pic kinda suggests that ya cant...

Tell ya what Shane send one up here in April an I will demo it for 6 months, and get back to ya... :D :D

LASTEC LawnSite Member

The picture shows a older prototype that don't lift but the new one do lift.
  5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

What brand is it?

How wide is the wing?

What is the overall cutting width with wing?

How much does it weigh?

How big is engine?

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

hey, there's mulch for sale. hook it up

LASTEC LawnSite Member

This unit is a Lastec Articulator
    52" Main deck
    34" Wing
    86" overall cutting width
    33hp Kubota
    total unit weight is around 1500 to 1600 lbs
    we do have a web site this unit is not shown on the site yet.. www.lastec.com
  8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the work for it and saves you time and money go for it. Thats how I justify purchases.
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet, when do you think it will be out on the market. I could use something like that for mowing ditches or even just wide are mowing.
  10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Lastec - I want you to show me the main deck in the bottom and the extension doing that part along the road. How far does it flex down and up

Next post is major up flex and still mowing

wide deck-hung over ditch bank-knocks.jpg