Check out this ride-on spreader!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Check out this link.
    www.brandtekus.com
    Is anyone familiar with this machine?
    It looks pretty big but has potential.
    Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I saw this unit at an equipment show about 5 years ago. The ranger is built on a Walker mower with a dual tail wheel for hills. I came home and made a knock off of it on one of my older Walkers. Mine works good but not as fancy as their's. They have a lot of instruments for proper calibration that I don't have. The ranger also Carry's more gallons and has a lot of SS or better parts. I remember it as selling for $17,000.00 which is a lot of money, however the machine looked to be built well. Yes it is big for transporting I use a trailer with the fert bags. So it is like mowing as far as equipment hualing.

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Hi Ric,

Funny, I had you in mind when I posted this.
    I don't know Florida well (Except for where the rat lives.) but I figured you may be familiar.
    Looks like quite a machine. I e-mailed the company for more info.
    I'll share it as it comes.

I'm still runnin the PG centri and lesco's HPS.
    I put the drop in sprayer made by PG on it (HPS) today.
    Not bad. Pretty idiot proof and durable.
    I'll share more on that as well.

4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Bob, I checked those out a few years back before I bought my first pg, I like the big tank, I m sure its not too low volume so you can spray more products then the pg.

The only problem I see for me is I am so sick of pulling my trailier everywhere and with that machine you would need to have it in a trailer.

For many years I had a lesco truckster mounted on a walker,( just like ric ) but I still had to pull the hose. then gregson clark came out with the drop in sprayer and I was going to get that but I got the pg instead.

I still have the 2 trucksters heres how I use one.

2-15-04 187.jpg

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

James

I also have a boom sprayer on my Walker. However I must drive real slow to get the right rate. But it still is faster than dragging hose. A lot easier also.

If I remember right (because I have not read the website) they have 65 gallons and can do 3 gallon per thousands with the right tips. The pump is powered by the engine where mine is electric 12 V. Yes they appear to be a first class unit and a price to match. BTW there was another show that had a simpler machine made by a company out of the Miami area or a little more north. Both machine are much alike.

6. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I think the other machine was made by Ground-tek. I bought a spreader from them a few years back. I think the unit was about $13k.