Check out this Sq/Ft pricing form...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Greenhaul lawn pro, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Greenhaul lawn pro

Greenhaul lawn pro LawnSite Member

let me know if this is accurate it was published in 2003 and is in USD.
    Since know one really has the same formula as far as I can see, I was thinking about using these prices, please let me know what you think...
    The average currency rate in 2003 was 38% on the $...
    please let me know if you have a simple equation for estimates...
    other than looking at a property and being able to tell how long it will take.
    I hope you guys can help, I already have a few estimates I just don't want to be way off....
    Thanks Greenhaul...

Attached Files:

2. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Those fertilizing prices are lower than a low-ball company I used to work for back in 1989.

David

3. Greenhaul lawn pro

So would you say there 25% lower than I should charge, or higher, and what about the mowing costs....

Thanks for the input

4. DiscoveryLawn

I don't mow anymore so I really shouldn't comment on mowing.

Have you done a cost analysis on providing fertilization programs? I would go broke trying to do lawns at the prices on that price chart.

You need to know what your costs are before you can begin working on a price schedule. That goes for mowing as well.

My opinion is those prices are way too low for an operation in Dayton OH. I don't know about your area.

I'll let someone else ask (this time) if you are licensed.

David

5. Greenhaul lawn pro

Not really sure what you mean by that, please try to explain.

6. DiscoveryLawn

Actually, I suppose I should first ask, are you required to be licensed to apply fertilizer in B.C.?

If so, the follow-up question will be ...Are You Licensed?

David

7. Greenhaul lawn pro

I kinda thought that's what you refering to, and no there is no license required to fertilize here in B.C...
    Thanks for you Help

8. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

Bullshit. Its federal law that you have to be liscenced anywhere in Canada. Hope you save up to pay the fines when the epa catches up with you.

9. Greenhaul lawn pro

you can apply granular fetilizer without a license, but that is it you can't even use weed and feed, but you already know everything so not point trying to tell you different.
    Thanks for your 2 cents...

10. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

Really? If thats true its news to me, I guess I'll have to look into that. Learn somethin new everyday.