1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Check out this truck, what do you guys think its worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by syzer, Oct 18, 2004.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That sounds like a good deal to me. It would definately be worth that amount and more. You should put a bid in on that.

3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

ha its funny you brought that up i was lookin at the truck myself but my major turn off is its a gas job. I'm trying to save my money now for a diesel rig and try to make the best possible smart investment on my next truck, and I've decided it has to be a diesel truck.....good luck with that ford seems to be a good deal but seems to be a lot of bidders.

Jeff

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks sweet, and is blessed too. Wish I was in the states, think'n I'd be intrested in it too.

5. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

SYZER,
    where are you located in Md? I am selling 1995 f-350 powerstroke XLT
    w/ 4 yr old meyer plow. 145000 miles. 12,000 obo

6. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

" She " looks pretty good.

I have had Fords along the way and they have been great to us.

Lawnchoice

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I have a white 89 Ford 3/4 ton with a landscapers dump as a back up. It was used to plow (2wheel drive) a couple of police lots so it only has 65,000 kms on it. It's still a piece of crap ford and my wife hates to drive it. She even parks it behind the barn where no one can see it. Just so you have a comparision I drive an orange Chev ex city truck and am proud of it as compared to the ford. We have likely only put a couple of hundred kms on the thing. The kids use it around the farm for moving gravel and other crap around. That one looks in pretty good shape but I would think you should see it in person before you consider it. A church and chrome rims? Driven by a little old lady too I'll bet.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

kelly's blue book lists it as $5K for private party seller...add maybe a grand or so for a dealer price..11K is high, even for the low miles. My dad always told me low miles on an older vehicle can be just as bad as high miles from infrequent useage.

9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Did I miss something? What year is it? Don't like the plow much. Looks clean though.

10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in Baltimore I would love to pick a diesel up, and have been looking. I need a dump and dont really want to put on a truck after picking it up. Also looking for something with a bit less mileage. There are two 99 chevy diesel dumps with plows in the paper, one for 16.9 I think, and the other 18.5, no mileage in the add though, I have to call tomorrow.