Check out this truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mike33, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Seen this yesterday in a private development. They were actually hauling from 1 side to where they dump debri. I actually now the driver and he asked me to put my truck off the street in driveway so he could fit by. Imagine seeing this on the main road.
    Mike

brushtruck.jpg

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is just pure lazyness not crunching up the branches smaller. That wouldn't fly around here the truck driver or contractor would be reported.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

What Idiots!!!

4. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i wish i could get away with that

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

His own post said its a private development. Private road. So he is leagal.

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah it is legal but you still shouldnt do it.. What if another car was in the oncoming lane and he went all the way over in your lane and were in the grass and you still hit his car with the tree limbs? You would probably go to court for it and get a ticket and a bunch of other tickets...

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

You cant get a ticket being on private property. Its the same as any off road application. In other words the truck doesnt even have to be registered. If he damaged something it becomes a civil manor and if he didnt want to take responsibility for it then he can be sued. But no tickets. Chances are since its a private road it doesnt see much traffic and hes going slow. It isnt pretty, but its legal.

8. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

D.O.T???:hammerhead:

9. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

he's in a private area, he's fine. stupid idea or not, he's legal.
    besides the road he's going down might be totally shut down, there might not be any other traffic coming through--knowing that might have been the reason they loaded it willy nilly...

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Some of you guys need to read the whole post. He can't be fined and DOT has no power on private property.