Check out this wall, what would you charge?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by J&JLawncare1988, May 22, 2011.

1. J&JLawncare1988

J&JLawncare1988 LawnSite Member

Recently finished this wall. Versa-Lok standard units were used, along with the 18 inch cap. Wall is 112 feet end to end, at the base. A little over 4 foot tall at the top of the cap.

Im just curious as to what some of you guys would charge for this wall.

Attached Files:

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Those caps are way different then ours. Helpful tip - when stepping up or down split the block and caps so a textured face shows on the ends.

As for price, ballpark $10-15,000.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

way too busy to even think about what i would price it to be. We dont know length, height, yadda yadda yadda. Maybe $47,432???

But not too busy to notice those hideous little cuts on the corners......

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have trouble reading? He told you the length and the height. Maybe if you took your head out of your........nevermind

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Are you gonna answer the man's question or not?

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Many factors but if I had to ballpark(which I wouldn't if I was submitting a proposal) around 1/3 of your price.

7. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, mostly. I don't like those little filler pieces on both sides of the steps. If you start at the steps and work your way out you can finish without those. Also, with versa-lok if you split the blocks for the ends you don't have to have the pin slots showing.
    As far as price, there is nowhere near enough info given, but I would say at least $10,000.

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here in the neighborhood of $10-$12K as long as excavation and access is descent.

9. J&JLawncare1988

The reason I used the small filler pieces near the steps was to keep the blocks at the correct bond. DVS, thanks for the compliment on the corner cuts by the way.

How am I supposed to keep the blocks at the correct offset without cutting some smaller pieces? I'm somewhat new to walls, so I'll gladly take tips and advice.

10. J&JLawncare1988

Oh yea forgot to ask, STL Ponds, are you located in the Eureka area? I saw one of your trucks going through downtown Eureka the other day when I was building this wall.