Check out this yard!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by impactlandscaping, Dec 12, 2003.

1. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

This yard makes the Clark W. Griswolds of the world look like chumps.It is really over the top.Over 200 characters in the lawn,150 extension cords,10,000 plus lights,over 20 inflatables, 6' talking Santa, etc...yadayadayadya..I'll try and get a better pic of the entire house / lawn tomorrow.

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to check where you are from, that looks like my brothers Ex-Wife's house:rolleyes:

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I think it looks stupid! When you're putting things out there JUST to put them out there, it looks extremely cheesy.

Clearly they're just trying to have the most lights and decorations, with no thought of a theme.

How many Santas are on that lawn!?!?! :rolleyes:

4. impactlandscaping

I don't know how many Santas in all.I lost count after a while.This lady does this for Christmas,Halloween, and Easter!!!It looks like a tractor trailer full of Christmas stuff exploded on the lawn.People park in the stupid street, blocking traffic to look at this! I'm sure there is like, one outlet in the garage that looks like the one in "A Christmas Story", with 5 million cords hanging from it.No way it is installed to code.She's been doing it for 20 years, and BTW-the inside of the house is just as bad as the outside:rolleyes: You can see in from the front windows, and there is probably over 150-200 animatronic animals, Santas,deer, etc..in the living room.:eek: And keep in mind, this pic only represents HALF of the yard....:dizzy:

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

two things; I would hate to see her power bill and second, I think that for the amount of decorations she has, she is doing it to get back at neighbors.

6. impactlandscaping

It's a nice neighborhood, but the house to the left and the house two down on the right have both been for sale for a while now. It's going to take an out-of-towner to buy either house, and local ordinance says nothing about lights or how long they can burn.Only musical or loud decorations have to be off by 11 PM.I wouldn't buy either one if it was 50K or under:laugh:

7. tiedeman

from earth

the way that you are decribing things, I wouldn't buy it either

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Have always wondered where the heck do people that do the monster displays store all that stuff for 11 months of the year.
    Bet the sound of the electric meter spinning is deafening.

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

She just needs to have a serious garage sale. Of course all the retail stores in the area would hate her since she has enough to supply an entire city.

10. tiedeman

from earth

LOL:D