1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check out what I got for $$1200.00

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by gilatplc, Nov 2, 2007.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

1987 FORD f-350 4.9 300 inline 6 gas cylender FI, auto with working dump body!!!!.

Granted anything this old is going to need some work but when do you come across a working RUNNING dump truck for $1200.00!!!!!!:walking:

2. rootslawnservice

rootslawnservice LawnSite Member

Looks like a deal. How many miles?
  3. gilatplc

from FL

Only God knows, for he replace the trany before I got it and the speedo cable doesn't go back in the trany, I have to find the right year speedo gear housing.
  4. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

that inline 6 is a strong motor providing its not wore out !!! they have a lot of torque
  5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That is a great find. the 300 is a great engine.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That always gets me.....the condition of these old trucks. I would LOVE to come down there and get a nice 3/4 Chevy running or not, for about a thou...just for the body.
  7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you were going to say the ladder.

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a great deal!

BTW thats a lot of oak you have there. Doing some side work on your off week or do you offer tree trimming as part of your lawn care?

I do shrubs as part of my regular service but not trees. For extra I will trim them but I would rather sub it out
  9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Did you find any of MRUSKs' business cards in it. He pays top dollar for brush removal. $60 bucks a load. Although you living all the way down if Fl. he might give you $65.(look in the hardscaping forum under hardscape truck). You did get a good deal. Like you said a running dump for $1200.00 you cant go wrong. It will pay for itself in no time especially working for MRUSK. Damn, it just keeps coming out. What the hell is wrong with me? Good luck with the truck. My friend had one with the 300 and had over 330k when he got rid of it.
  10. gilatplc

from FL

Both, friend was working on a 50+ foot oak (the tallest Iv seen close to a house in a long time) and went offer to help him out the other night.

And yes I do offer tree\palm trimming and removal, hell just Tuesday me and my neighbor where at a job of mine removing pepper trees with here bobcat, 6 of them total reaching 15 feet tall, the truck was loaded up to almost 2 tons at one time. Had no problem dumping it:clapping: just had to make 4 trips to a close dump site.

And I also still sub some of my tree work out if its offer 20 feet tall of an oak or palm I call him for all I have is that 24' extension latter.