Check out what I watched today.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Sep 4, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That could dig a mean valve box...w00t!
    [​IMG]

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Nice tree. Will the coverage still be good, with a tree in the way?

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

This entire front yard=getting ripped out..

Today the GC Stopped the guys from hand digging anymore around a ball, cause the "PRIMARY" was about 1 ft below their 2 ft trench..

According to the "fire wire people" 1 shovel ding into a primary =lights out>bye bye.

crazy sheet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wet_Boots

No locates? Nice thing about poly pipe is that you can use two elbows and a half circle of pipe to reroute the line.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

someone didn't talk to the right guy.AKA my boss= jumping the construction gun.

oh well

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

they dig one hell of a valve box, I'll post a pic sometime of mine 90" spade that grazed a sch 40 line (of ours) didn't but but close. Worst place I ever had to put a tree was at a house where the gas, sewer, h20 and electric all came togather in a V shape... at the tip of the V a tree was destined, straddling the lines. Wound up digging the 6' deep x 90" across hole by hand(s) tons of fun... then the homeowner decided he didn't like the 30' tall magnolia grandiflora and wanted a white pine instead... had to dig it up (w/ the truck) and do it all over. did bust the gas line on the swap but no prob since i don't smoke (and turned off the gas)

7. Wet_Boots

Y'know, the last photo in the first post could be good for educating some homeowners about watering requirements, and the need to account for drought conditions. When the subsoil is completely dried out, it's drawing water from the soil near the surface, so some additional watering is in order.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

A lot of that work down in your country?

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good sized tree spade for a little tree.

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they're use to transferring bigger trees. Whatever works though. [​IMG]