check out what my dad picked up!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by deere615, Sep 28, 2007.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

My dad and a co worker were at a ladys house moving some stuff for her and she gave him 3 gas cans. 2 six gallon cans like the one pictures below (almost brand new) and one 2.5 gallon can! They say they were only made in 2005 on the bottom.

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

keep them, they are plastic gold. Those kind are getting veryyyy hard to find. Misissippi has been Blitz'ed and I hate it.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Are you taking bids? I'l start it at $30. Can't find those it Delaware.

(I'm using an old yellow kerosene can, because I can't find a red one with a regular spout get dirty looks sometimes at the gas station)
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I know Pa is blitz'ed too!

Sorry no bids lol!
  5. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I actually found one good 5 gal plastic can. Its a yello deisel, but I don't have desiel equip so just marker thru it and write gas and good to go. Still haven't used it or the 4 2gal cans I got.
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

You know, you guys using other cans for gas can get heavily fined if the wrong person ever catches you filling them up with gas. It's highly fineable to be putting gas in these unapproved containers (like diesel and kerosene) ones. The content of the plastic is not the same to keep the gas from permeating through it. I'm not scolding anybody, just a warning. Do what you want.
  7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure why anyone would even want a crappy plastic gas "can" like those.... Be professional and SAFE and invest in a metal Eagle or Just-rite safety can. They're awesome- more expensive, but well worth it.
  8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to post this in the other thread but might as well put it here. I bought this can 'new' at a garage sale 10 years ago and I replaced the sealing gasket once. If I ever need to buy another can I wouldn't hesitate for a second to spend the extra money for a new one. Never spilt a drop unless it was from overfilling a machine.

9. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

How many of those plastic gas cans do you guys need? They're still perfectly legal and available around here... I'd be willing to ship em down to you for a *ahem* reasonable markup :D
  10. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Those tall plastic cans tip over very easily when hauled in the back of a truck. Be careful.