Check this forecast for the week

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tharrell, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

It rained like crazy yesterday mowrning, hey I invented a new word!
    We had a dry spell and I'm loving this forecast

5day_320x240.jpg

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Saying there is a 30% chance of thunderstorms all week long this time of the year is a no-brainer IMO. It's called CYA.

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what our forcast looks like for the whole summer

4. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Absolutely right Rod!!! I don't even bother paying attention to anything less than an a 50% chance of precipitation. All the lawns are toast here in Central Pa. It will take more than a few thunder showers to fix the damage.

I can almost hear and see the heard thinning.......

5. rodfather

The herd will thin big time this year for sure...I love it. :D

6. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

It's thinning already. I received about a half dozen calls the past week asking for a price. The last guy doesn't show up. I'm in the neighborhood so there isn't any drive time. How does that Rod, Cha Ching! Matt

7. rodfather

Good for you neighbor. I got 2 as well today. I got the time if you show me the money .

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

and in does here in NC too where that map came from...it will say that same thing next week, the next week, the next week, etc cause those 30% deals are for the late afternoon summer rain down pours like I got for 15 minutes and now the sun is back out.

plus that means a 70% chance of no rain is how I look at it...

9. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

Exactly mm lawn that means there is a BETTER chance (70%)it won't,but on the other hand i can see why he is being optimistic this time of year!!It rained here for 15 minutes(a damn downpour)now it's sunny again.summer's in the south i guess

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Here's a Tip Before you Get All eXcited..

When they say Showers Chances are It Won't Rain Period When they Say Rain Chances are it Will Rain...30% is Just the Weather Man Covering his azz..I Guarantee you Will Have No Rain w/.that Pathetic Forecast.