Check this forecast for the week

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tharrell, Jul 5, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

we just got a thunder shower which produced RAIN!!!!!lol. Thats the first rain we have had in about 3-4 weeks. Our yards stripes are burned in. :angry: Hopefully this rain will help green a little.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

WRONG again there Calvin, cause that 40% on Thursday (which the other two stations here where that C&P caame from actually have it at 70%) is due to the Hurricane about to make landfall and then turn this way....plus it is raining here right now....

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I got rained on 3 different times today. The last one was a doozy. Hail, lightning, heavy wind, downed trees right where I was working. Several downed trees about a mile down the interstate from where I was working. I only got about half of my planned work done. I hate cutting wet grass and working on soggy ground but, we did need the rain.
    WXII channel 12 was at the weigh station where I was working pestering me about "downed trees". I just kept trimming. I may have been on the news but, I was working till about 9pm so I don't know!

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Nope......

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the thunderstorms usually drop all of it in an area of the county but they never cover the whole thing, and all that fast water half the time does as much harm as good... We need 3-4 days of solid 100% R-A-I-N.

Now there is an upgraded hurricane happening down past florida and HOPEFULLY we get some aftermath going on here.