1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Check this guy out...

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bcg, Jul 29, 2010.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Not to much profit left on there. I guess if you have a bunch of left over fixtures and wire it might work out. Get your foot in the door and upsell upsell upsell.

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

6 uplights? what home can you do the front of with 6? but then, at 725, this guy is going after the low end. 10-15 buck powder coated aluminum fixtures off ebay( and houston gets the salt air from the coast) and looks to be a 100 buck cheap trans off ebay( although the one pictured looks like a multi tap, so probably beats the big box intermatics).

I agree this is an upsell deal where you get there and try to do closer to 12-14 fixtures and push the price up to 1500 bucks or so. I can see how a guy could make money doing that in a day on a 300 watt trans and cheap fixtures. not even a remotely good system, but installed quickly, profitable.

but you'd have to do 2 of those 725 deals a day to pay help, eat and live anywhere, even a fairly cheap cost of living town as Houston.

4. ELumin8

ELumin8 LawnSite Member

Without question its an effort in the direction of getting some work. Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if it worked? My guess is questionable, but you never know.