Check this "homeowner used" mower...ya right.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmc456, May 16, 2005.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yea right. He has a bunton belt drive in the corner of the one picture.

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

does exmark not put hr meters on their Lazer Z? or are ya possibly sayin this guy rolled the hrs back?

who cares how long it took him each week to cut his yard, if ur happy w/the price ur payin for a ztr w/so many hrs, and its not rolled back... then IMO i say its fine....

maybe he does indeed have an LCO that he used this mower for, but its got the hrs it does and thats that...

4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

not a chance, unless it was left outside between mowing and during winter. It looks a lil rough for being a homeowner's. I bet it has WAY more then 1500 hours.

5. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Good eye. I say it's an LCO's machine.

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhhh, but they are "highway" hours!

7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I feel so much better now! :p

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

The thing is nothing but a pile 1500 hours bs it has 4500 hrs on it plus it needs new spindle bearings and the wheel motor is acting up. What a money pit!!!!!

9. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

South Florida Lawns, u bought it? was site unseen?

if u did indeed bought the mower, and it had 4,500 hrs.... u technically can refuse this mower, b/c the add said 1,500 hrs and didn't mention spindle bearings and the wheel motor is acting up...

i think there's not much u can do about the spindle bearings and the wheel motor is acting up, b/c most used things u buy are represented "as is" purchases... but the hrs is 1 thing i'de argue about, b/c it was falsified, and was misleading...

good luck

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Since the mower listed is about 10 minutes away from my house, and seeing as the auction hasn't even ended yet, I'll guess you were being sarcastic, although I don't get it.

Anyway, I doubt it was "homeowner used" with that number of hours and seeing as there's another commercial mower in the backround of one of the pics.
    And if he's not telling the truth about how it was used, then he may not be telling the truth about the hours either.