check this listing in CRAIGS....unreal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zohhhsix, Oct 24, 2006.

1. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

2. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

you gotta be kidding me...!?!?!?!?:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

3. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

You must really hate this guy to post in a couple of different sections about this. If that is the way he wants to run his business let him. He'll learn quick if people take advantage of him, but what if he gets some work from some honest, decent people who will pay what he is worth?

4. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Who cares if somebody wants to work for nothing? New guys often think it is all about price. I don't have one customer who hired me because of price.

5. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I will hire him to do my lawn at home, and pay him $5.

That must be a joke cause nothing in this world is free...

6. fulano

So, if he cuts your lawn better than anyone has ever cut it you'll only pay him $5.00? If you take advantage of this guy I wonder if you take advantage of your customers and other people as well.

7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Fulano ... really like your trailer. I've been thinking a ramp side door too.

You like it? Ever think of adding another "regular" side door to it also?

:weightlifter:

8. fulano

It has a regular side door on the left side. I use the trailer to haul my "race" car. All of my accounts, 3, are within 1/8th mile of my house.

9. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Fulano,

I do have a real job and started lawn cutting for extra money. So this guy is no threat to me and my job security, things get bad for me i sell evrything and find a part time job. I don't low ball my services and didn't get every job that i bid on. I only advertised in markets and word of mouth for my begining, and the rest came from all my clients. I must be taking advantage of these people so bad that they call me all the time to get ripped off!

Taking advantage of..........he left it up to you to pay him what you think it is worth.

How could you say something like that about me? I just made a comment about it.

How would you feel if this guy takes 15 cuts away from you?

When i started lawn services i new what i needed to make a hour to cover my cost and prof.. Guys like that can't have decent equipment or insurance, cause if he did he would be like the rest of us who need to make so much a hour.

10. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

When i was a kid (like 9-13) we would shovel snow like that. "whatever you think we deserve." we'd do the work, get done, and the older folks would be so happy with our honesty they would pop us between 40 and 50 for a standard driveway. we would do 4-5 driveways, split 200 or so, get some hot chocolate, and be the happiest kids in the world. two or three times every winter.