Check This out about GRAVELY and their service!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dogdad, Jul 6, 2003.

1. dogdad

dogdad LawnSite Member

I bought a Gravely P152 about 4 weeks ago. The mower has a great cut . One day I noticed the smell of Gas and saw that their was gas comming out of the gas cap vents. These were replaced at the dealer with different caps and solved that problem. I then had a clanking noise that seemed to get worse as time went on turned out that the clutch had worn out a bearing. So the dealer replaced the clutch and back to workI went. About two weeks later I noticed the same problem with the clutch again. Yep,, The cluth bearing did it again. Now I have had a Gravely Pro 300 WB for 5 years and had no problems. So I was a little concerned about this mower. Well Gravely turns around and gives me a brand new P152 mower. Can't get any better service than that. I think most companies would have just told me I had to get it fixed.

2. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

DogDag,

Sorry to hear about your problems it's sounds like you have a wonderful dealer and Gravely stepped up to the plate and took care of you.

I have read some horror stories here about all brands with problems, anybody can get a lemon but it sure helps out when they don't use you as a test bed or make you jump through burning hoop's to get a problems fixed.

Good lock with your new mower and let us know how it does.

Later

Kelly

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is great that this turned out well for you. All mow manufactures will have some problems but the way certain companies handle their problems makes them stand out. Please keep us up to date on how you like the new machine.

Gravely_Man