1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check this out guys!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, May 21, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was talking to a freind and he told me about a dodge truck he saw that had been altered.He told me how the truck had the rear axle taken out and had a bed that would lower to the ground.I though the idea was neat but never really thought much about it.Until today!I bought a truck trader and found a dealer in town that is selling a truck with that conversion.I did a little searching and found a page with a picture of it and talks about it.I tryed the home page that was listed on the page but it was not it.Here is the page I found. <p><br>http://www.farmshow.com/stories/story13.html <br>South Side the page says that they have these beds in australia.Have you seen them?What do you guys think?Hope you like it!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sounds like it may work. Seems like it's a lot of extra money and would weaken the truck, so I will stick with a trailer. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. It would also mean turning the truck<br>into a front wheel drive. If you have your <br>heart set on this sort of thing,then try<br>ripping the tray body off it and putting a<br>tilt tray on.(I beleive they are called ramp<br>trucks in the US) The tray just slides off the back of the truck.This setup is common<br>here in the towing industry.<p>Karl<br>
  4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

$12,600 will but a good 94-96 2wd truck AND trailer! Won't be seeing one of those conversions in MY driveway anytime soon.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>