Check this out - Mowing Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by emil35, Mar 22, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone:

Just saw this trailer while searching on Ebay. Would be a pretty sweet trailer of I had some extra money to buy it. Could fit all of my of mowers on it and still have alittle room to spare!

Since it's in my area I got in touch with the owner and he's looking to get $6000.00 locally. Not sure if that's the reserve price, but might be. Seems to me like it's probably worth it. What about everyone else?

Check it out if you want. Here's the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-G...80770QQitemZ4624654167QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

2. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

that thing is ugly id be embarassed to haul that thing around, but i think thats one of those trailers that had a garbage container for debris on it and they were made for Walker operators.

3. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

6,000-thats alot of cash, I really don't think it would work out that well...

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It's nice.. but too much money.

You can get a 24' bumper pull with the side ramps for that much, if not $1000 less, plus you don't use up the bed of your pickup with the hitch for the gooseneck.

5. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Overkill:nono: :nono:

6. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Yea I think it was setup for walkers in mind. It would sure grab attention going down the road...good advertising? Looks like he changed the price today, but I forgot what it was last time I looked so I'm not sure if he did or not.

7. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

I'd give hime 3k max for that heavy bulky thing. You can buy a 20ft enclosed for that price and customize the interior yourself. I was expecting a front dumping untit for that price.

Ollie

8. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

over kill for mowers but a gooseneck will out pull and handle better hands down. now if you could get a light weight gooseneck just for the manuverability and stability it would be great

9. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Yea I agree. A smaller gooseneck would be nicer. It getting bidded on however...interested to see what it will go for.

10. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

If you need that big of trailer for that many small machines, you need a bigger machine or get rid of your 10 peices of s hit and get 1 nice one