Check this out.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by splatz100, Jul 30, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

http://camodesigns.com/mini4X4.htm

Thinking about buying on of these for all my residentials. I'm pretty sure it is completely street legal, but it would need some fabricating. I would make somewhat of a trifold gate so it would be a gradual slop to get in the bed. I also might need to add a leaf in the back for some support. All for around 5k + modifications. I might have to sell my 34z and find something easier to get in the bed though. It has some great features like 40 mpg's(less with all the weight) and a nice 6ft bed!! What you guys think?

4x4 mini.gif

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do I get AC in it?

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Nice rig, now you'll be the envy of Lawn site.

4. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

that's neat. I like the dump bed.

But yeah, can you get A/C in it? If not, forget it.

5. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

They're called pickups/trucks, look into them.

6. splatz100

It might have A/C, if not I might turn away.

This isnt no half ton pickup.

7. splatz100

I could even look into fabricating a landscape body like on the NPR's

8. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Exactly my point. The only immediate advantage I see of this is the fuel economy, but I'm guessing that with 600-1000lbs of equipment weight added and frequent speeds of 30-40mph, you'll never see anywhere near the 40mpg that you quoted.

At that point I only see this as being a LESSER version of a compact truck. It looks like a decent idea but in practice I don't know that it would be practical or offer any real advantage over an inexpensive compact truck.

9. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

P.S. - Sorry if I sounded negative about the idea, perhaps it would be a reasonable alternative, I'm just doubting it'd be an ideal alternative vs. a compact truck used in a similar fashion. I suggest you contact them and tell them of your specific intentions of what you'd like to use it for, what type of payload you'll likely carry, etc. What is the expected lifespan of the engine/transmission, access to parts and repairs, what type of transmission it uses and if it would be appropriate for city use. There are alot of unknowns.

10. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

that is selling the Suzuki version 4X4 w/air for around 4500$ not sure about the hours on them either, he is importing them same as his tractors all used, about the size of a jd gator or kaw mule

i'll see if he's got a site if anybody interested

btw its Maynard equipment company in Moontown Alabama