1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check this out!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grasshawg, Dec 24, 2005.

1. grasshawg

grasshawg LawnSite Member

I found a new website that may help some people just starting out.(Me too!)
    Check out "lawncaredirectory.com". It's got ideas on marketing, steps to take in starting up, and they'll even help put you in contact with potential customers! I haven't had time to pick through it yet, but it looks like it would be very helpful. And if you're like me, you need all the help you can get! Hope it helps.

Sometimes, it's better to ask forgiveness that to ask permission!
  2. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

When you get a chance do a search for the directory and you will find some opinions. You probably need to concentrate on other things...like referals at first. Do an add in the paper, flyers, door hangers, etc.
  3. grasshawg

grasshawg LawnSite Member

Yeah, I was looking through it a little more thoroughly, and, stupid me, I forgot the most important rule-nothing is free! But, it still may help someone out there.
    I'm slowly educating myself with the little free time I have before I get my feet wet. It's just slow going. I'm a truck driver full time, so I work about 16 hours a day. Not much time to search out other oppurtunities.