1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check this out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLP Lawn, Aug 26, 2006.

1. PLP Lawn

PLP Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Can anyone help me. I have problems with this lawn and have no ideal what to do. I do fertilize and water regular mostly 5:00am waterings but i have water some nights. Can someone help, can this be a easy fix or should i replace it?

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i cant help but i hope someone does. i have the same problem on a few of my lawns. sorry i couldnt help.
  3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i'd back off the watering and aerify in the fall. Remember, deep and infrequent with your watering schedule. it will promote deeper roots and hold up to stress better. hope this helps
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

How many times a week do you water????? I'm not sure thats the cause though:confused:
  5. PLP Lawn

PLP Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I was watering 3 times per week now it's once or twice a week it seems to be spreading
  6. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

fungus, just from the pic..
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You definitely have some leaf spot going on there. I would have to see more to tell you exactly what type of disease you have going on. 3 times a week is WAY too often to be watering the way our humidity has been. It's just a micro-environment just right to incubate this type of stuff. If you're conditions have been anything like ours, that is the contributer. Itis fungus though...no question about it
  8. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

Just from what I've heard before, looks like it could be grubs if it pulled up that easily? Try digging into the soil a bit and see what you come up with
  9. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I was thinking grubs also?!?:confused:
  10. PLP Lawn

PLP Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for the replies. I will check the soil to see if there's grubs. If it's a fungus can something be purchased or should it be replaced. On the same strip that I mow seems to have the same problem like as if it's spreading by the clippings.