check this out!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JG Landscaping, Feb 10, 2008.

1. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

Take a look at what i found on craigslist in the business ad section. http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sks/569045666.html
    Look at what he says about undercutting! Also it states at the bottom he is unlicensed. So my question is to everyone who pays their dues....Who thinks we could give him a ring every hour of the night? What do ya think?:laugh:

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Pure F-ing scum bags.

3. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone who sees it should flag it for removal. If they are so "well establsihed" why are they unlicensed and advertising on CL?

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't worry about it. The PA division of Revenue is currently looking into it. Somehow they got a copy of the Ad...

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

How did become aware of this ... being in Delaware like you are ??

6. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Ha thats funny. Nice to see someone else from DE on here.

7. LushGreenLawn

Whats it matter if I'm from DE? Unlicensed criminals are a nationwide problem. Besides, Philidelphia is right over the line...

Its also nice to see other people from DE on here, there are a few of us:)

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

If the company is only providing mowing services in PA, no business license is required. A Sales Tax license is required. What does the "license" item mean? If business license, then they are clear. If it means license for Sales Tax collection, then they have a problem. Or, if they are applying pesticides, then they need a license. But, the ad only speaks about mowing.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't personally worry about that stuff, it used to bother me but...

It's probably them mysterious little gremlins at work again.

10. LushGreenLawn

Roger,

That is interesting. In Delaware everyone who has a business has to have a business license. Its how the State knows that they have to collect taxes from you. How does that work in PA?