1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check this out!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christmas79, Feb 17, 2008.

1. christmas79

christmas79 LawnSite Member

2. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I couldn't imagine riding that thing off the back of my trailer. It may cut great but it looks like Sh@t.
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd fix it up new paint, replace with new motor (if possible),sharpen blades sell it for a profit....have a Imagination, it's history...
  4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

its 68 years old

i wouldn't use it for commercial work.....but its super cool. its the history of this buisness. I wish i could buy it and turn it into flyer/ advertisment of some sort... perhaps i'd mow my own yard with it..

But how many of you think your ZTRS or walk behinds will be on craiglist-earth-your area in the year 2076... anyone think they will look any better then that...

just my .02

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS LawnSite Member

we had 2 Lockes when i was growing up. thats the only mower i used untill i was 16 years old and started working for somebody else. for the pull start, you had to wrap a rope around the pully and pull it, then do it again and again to start it. its the best cutting mower ive ever used though. i would put that up against any $12k ztr