Check this out...

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 4, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Look at this thread on the pesticides forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=232851

They are talking about how fertilizer prices are going up $4 a bag as of June 4th.:dizzy: They don't seem to happy about it.:realmad: Do you guys see the same thing happing to our supplies?:confused: This is why I love organics. We can make our own products when things go to hell in a hand basket. I know I am a hybrid company but when the prices go through the roof for traditional I will be sitting and waiting for the customers to flood in... Oh wait, They already are!payup I thought my busy time was over but the newest magazines went out and I don't know if they changed something, changed the location, what, but I have been swamped with phone calls. It's unbelievable.:eek: Last month things came to a crawl, I feel like it's early spring again. I thought I would have time to work on the business some for a change but that seems to be out the window for another month.:(

Anywho, I think I am going to start looking into making my own compost piles pretty soon, when I get time that is.:dizzy:

Oh, remember the original thought? Rise in fert prices? Do we see the same problem coming?:(

Thought I would have fun with the smily faces :p

2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

smae problem on everything we use and organics are even more expensive.

3. DeepGreenLawn

Lowe? Your not related to Ricky and Ladonna Lowe are you?

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You might see a slight increase on the organics side, but definitely not 4 bucks a bag. Nutrients Plus 4-4-2 Nature Pure is backordered I believe until early fall. A lot more people are looking at organics now that synthetic prices are going up....and up....and up....

5. DeepGreenLawn

yeah and the bans in Canada I think are freaking people out too.

6. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

the hand writing was on the wall 1 year ago, the spit has not hit the spam yet. start thinking 1930s depression, and it will be worse than that. china has already imposed large tariff's, what happens when they shut us OFF...... or the Saudi royal family says no more go juice china has already payed us for it, just waiting to leave the the ports!!! then what???????? are we ready to support as many Americans as there are, or do we have to have guns to put the starving out of there misery..... yeah it could get that bad..don't want to ever imagine the worst of it......

this is the reason I am a nut about self sustainable thinking, fertilizer, check. fuel , check. electricity,check. that's just the starts, we can go on and on.

i do feel sorry for the guys that got left in a lurch with the bag-ed fert........ there was a story about an ant, little guy stored all year, the grass hopper just screwed around, and did not store as much as he should, winter came and the ant was fat, the grass hopper starved, or froze. point is we all should be thinking what will happen this winter and the next 10 winters?????

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

there's even more to this than fert, think about food, that's going to means that the guy that buys this that there is more cost??? so now he has to charge more for his service, and that means the tip for the server is less, so she stops spraying the yard, and that means the yard guy is staring, so he does not paint his house, 1 painter out of work, and so on and so fourth.

next its a devaluation of the dollar, so my bucks only worth half, that's it we use gold, o shite the is no gold standard, we will have to sell women and children???? we are stocked up on those??? to many you say??? where is the value system, is it going to be like the market in deli at high noon??? scales and trade????

so a few starved, what could be worse than that??? disease ?? pestilence??? more famine?? race or civil wars???

GOD i hope not, maybe we can all collectively pull our heads out of our asses and get to work doing the sustainable thing and help our fellow man to save the only home we have, just a rant based on a lot of things going on, in my world and afar. at least hitlery cliton was not given the chance to con others into voting there gender, what a crock of crap that was!!!!

8. DeepGreenLawn

lol, a few thoughts goin through your head?

9. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

A smart grass hopper would have eaten the fat ant. There has to be a moral to this story, but just too tired to be witty.

10. dtally

dtally LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

treegal1...

There is more to you than meets the eye, or is it pages. Go Girl!