Check this out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a problem with cust leaving hoses everywhere, and leave them there for weeks (I just mow around them now, tired of picking them up) but in the new Lawn and landscape mag I saw an ad for Hosenclose I think it would be a great product to sell to those lazy cust.

Does anyone know where to buy these?
    http://www.carsonind.com/whatsnew.asp

Of just adapt a valve box?

2. Tbarchaser

from Florida

I should of read the article a little better;
    It is available nationwide at John Deere Landscapes, Ewing Irrigation, Horizon Irrigation and Hydro-Scape Products stores.

3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Charge them for YOUR time to put the hoses away !

4. Tbarchaser

from Florida

That is really easy to say.
    How about charge them to install a hose box so that they will put it away. If they dont put it away after this is installed It will only take me seconds and not really bother me.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

usually when we run into customers that have a lot of stuff in their yard we will give them a couple of warnings verbally, and also one written, and then after that we just charge them for picking up stuff. If its only one hose, not big deal, but another more, then we charge.

That is funny you mentioned about the hose thing though because one of my guys run over a customers hose about 2 weeks ago and shredded it. They had a new hose sitting on their porch later that night

6. Tbarchaser

from Florida

I'm looking at it this way, its a cool little trinket that will clean up the side of the house, you can even drop one by the side of the driveway for washing the car. I think this is a great product, and I could sell it on every landscape project.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that only problem is that you have to hook it up to a water line, which some states you might have to be licensed to complete a task like that.

But I do have to admit it is a great looking product and a smart idea

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Once I left the hose on the yard, and mowed eveywhere but where the hose was. When the woman picked the hose up, she had all these patches over the yard of longer grass that she was furious about. She didn't leave the hose on the yard anymore, though.

:D

9. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

If the hose is strung out in the right spot, I just mow part of the lawn, Then drive to the end of the hose and put it under my foot on the bull rider, and drag it to the spot I mowed. It only takes a minute.

10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I usually give people two times of telling them that I really need them to keep their hose rolled up. I tell them that if they don't roll it up, I will mow around it to the best of my ability so that it does not slow me down anymore, or they can pay me $20 per time to roll their hose up for them. I honestly had a guy this year pay me $20 extra every week to roll up his 50 ft hose for him so he didn't have to get out and do it.