Check this rig out.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mhussey, May 6, 2008.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Check out this guy's rig that was cutting my workplace property. The picture isn't the best in the world. It was took from my cell phone. However, you can see the road tractor and the trailer. I know the mower closest to the tractor was a 997 JD, and the other mower was a Bob-Cat. There was 2 more 997's on the property when the pic was took.

I would really hate to have this guy's gas bill for filling this up. Wouldn't it be funny if this come rolling up in a residential neighborhood...LOL. I have no clue where his trimmers and blowers were. I guess the guy in the Dodge beside of the trailer had that.

Oh well thought this was an impressive rig and thought I would share.

0505081535.jpg

2. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

That has got 2 b crazy. A semi to haul those mowers? NOPE!!! I can haul 3 on our trailer and get 16-20 mpg. that guy is getting 5-6 mpg no matter what...

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Now there is a dumbarse.

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Not very efficient, but it looks cool!

5. LeifGreen

LeifGreen LawnSite Member

he looks a little overloaded. he better have brakes on that trailer! thats funny.

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

He could load up the Dodge and haul that as well! Save on fuel/running costs!

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Um I wouldn't laugh. But when I was a little kid and living out in IL. There was a company with a 3 72" 3wheel riders. They where doing nothing but 5 acre plus estates. Their rig was a single axel international tractor with a trailer much like what this guy has but with a full ramp. Its was the only thing that could haul all 3 at once. My county has a roll back for thier mowing crew.

8. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

all of us know right well if we could afford it we would all do it too.. This man must have alot of money and mow just for kicks, I KNOW I WOULD. if he wants to take a break or nap he can go in the sleeper SWEET IF YOU ASK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Do you guys know that you can buy high mile tractors like that for $5000. It will likely last forever and need very little to keep running. If space isn't a problem then that would be a low overhead rig. He can buy a lot of fuel for that rig. Cheap guys like me would run one in a minute.

10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe he's one of those truckers that went on strike because of gas prices, never went back to driving and decided to start cuttin' grass.