1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

check this website out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by livingsoils, Feb 8, 2006.

1. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

I guess people are starting to see the light about TG/CL. The report is very interesting and long. I know they have an agenda, but the info on the company is interesting. I don't understand why people still use them. :dizzy:

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

You think this is a good thing?

"Toxics Action Center releases Be Truly Green: Refuse to Use ChemLawn - Why Lawn Care Pesticides are Dangerous to Your Children, Pets, and the Environment. See what you can do to protect your family and community from pesticides"

This anti-pesticide group is targeting TGCL because they're the most visible. If successful, they will have no problem using their scare tactics against the rest of us.....
  3. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

ChemLawn is giving us all a bad name, and the way that they apply chemicals is not always the safest... Their employee's don't give a crap..

Despite all that, TurfProSTL is right. We have to stick together with trugreen against morons like this, otherwise they'll turn everyone else in the coutry into paranoid freaks, and put us out of business.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is NOT an anti-chemlawn site...it is an anti-pesticide, uninformed treehugger site. There ARE many sites out there though, that you can suit and read for hours and hours (actually days) of peoples' accounts of poor service, unethical work and billing practices, how they "slam" old people with unrequested work (and get paid many times...because these poor seniors get un "official" bill with their name, address, and phone number on it, etc..