1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Checked out a new Magnum today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jajwrigh, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I was at Lesco this afternoon grabbing some more Dimension and I noticed that they finally got a Magnum in. I think that it seems to be a very well built machine. The hopper dwarfs the more familiar 80lb lesco standard push hopper by a large margin! I stood on it and all of the controls seemed to be within easy reach. I would like to demo one, but today I simply had no time. It looks great from an observational standpoint, but I want to see what the owners of them say later on, like in October or something. Well for now, one can only dream... :sleeping:
  2. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

You would think there would be some feedback by now with the Southern guys.
  3. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I have about 20 hours on mine now. So far I am happy with it. One thing to watch out for though, The first one I looked at had an oil leak so I took the next one that came in. I put it right to work and it developed an oil leak. It comes to find out it was filled with to much oil. The original one I was going to pick up was also shipped with to much oil. So I suggest when you pick your up yours that you check the oil the first thing.
  4. lawnmedicCC

lawnmedicCC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the tip, thoms... I pick mine up Friday... and, luckily, I just got a new contract for 120,000 sq. at a condo... I knew it was the right decision! :p
  5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We have about 10 hours on ours and the only inherant problem I see is that on rougher terrain the push bar for the hopper tends to work its way closed, so I have to rig it for now. Anyone else have this problem?

6. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

I just picked one up this week, I will recheck the oil, thx for the advise, I will get back after my first ap, this machine looks awesome.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

so far i love mine and it has way more power then the older modles
    and the honda is such a nice power plant