checkerboard

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by aided_meteor, Mar 18, 2001.

1. aided_meteor

aided_meteor LawnSite Member

Hello,
    Would anyone tell me how you guys get that checkerboard pattern ? I would be the only guy on the block with that look.
    Thanks.

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

double cut the yard. very easy

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If you click on the little RED house down below and that will take you to my website. I have a page on striping, just click that link to see directions and pictures of examples. I hope this helps.
    Eric

4. aided_meteor

aided_meteor LawnSite Member

Hi Joshua and Eric,
    Thank you for your replies. Judging from your pictures Eric, it looks like your part of the country has some massive lawns. Good luck with your business, both of you.

5. RBorge

RBorge LawnSite Member

Eric,
    Do you know if there are any striping kits for John Deere tractors? Thanks
    Rick

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Also where can I get those large life size Chess pieces to use on my checkerboard lawn?

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

[/B][/QUOTE]

Also where can I get those large life size Chess pieces to use on my checkerboard lawn?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

bob i had mine made up, but it takes way to long to move the buggers.lol

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You could make one and mount it on the hitch on the back. The only mfg that I know of that makes a striping kit is Dixie Chopper. As I have said many times, a kit will help with striping, but isn't necessary to to make a lawn look good. If you make one for the JD, extend it back far enough so the chains don't get under the tires when backing up. I hope this helps.
    Eric

9. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

I bought a striping roller for both my Lazers. Extremely good product, and does one hell of a stripe. Bought ir from York Sheet Metal for around $250 each