Checking Prices

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jws3, Jul 16, 2004.

1. jws3

jws3 LawnSite Member

I was at a dealer and here are the prices I got:

Super Z/60"
    25 Kaw 8295
    27 Kohler 8095
    27 L/C Kaw 8795

Are these prices in line? I'm leaning towards the L/C kawi. Also I was told there is a BIG price increase on Aug. 1, somewhere in $1000 range for the Z's.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Prices are pretty much in line with a retail promo the factory is running until the end of this month.

There is a price increase coming August 1st, it is no where near $1000.00 a mower in increase.
    I will have pricing ready to post on or about August 1st.

This is the first significant price increase on Hustler products in the past three years. The primary driver necessitating these price adjustments is the steep increase in raw material costs, with the much-publicized increases in steel and steel components being the number one culprit. Hustler Turf has absorbed those higher costs for several months, but is no longer able to continue to do that without passing on at least some of that increase.

3. rott_dobe

rott_dobe LawnSite Member

I've just begun demoing units. I'm not sure what I'm going to buy yet, but I believe it's down between a Gravely 260Z and a Hustler Super Z...

Gravely has great financing right now, but I was quoted a great price on the Super Z also...not I just have to demo the Super Z.

Any idea on the price increase? I hate to make quick decisions, but the price of a Super Z is an awful lot of money to me, so if the price is going to go up much, I really would like to get in before that assuming I like the demo.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The retail incentive program ends at the end of this month and our MSRP is going up also.
    It depends on which mower you are looking at, price increases are different on some models.
    You can e-mail me your model and I can see what I can do to get you the new pricing on it.
    Check here for our retail finance programs.
    http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/finance.html

Pj

5. rott_dobe

PM sent...

Thanks again!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Got your PM and replied to it.

Have a good weekend

Pj

7. rott_dobe

I appreciate your help. You have a great weekend also!

8. beaubob

beaubob LawnSite Member

I just bought the 25/60 Super Z for 7595 about 4 weeks ago. It was a brand new one, I got to pick the crate. Not sure what your situation is, but mine is for private use only. I absolutely think I made a good decision and love this mower, sounds like my timing was on too. That rarely happens for me. Odd that the Kohler was cheaper. I have had a couple LCO guys stop me when I have it on the trailer and they have had nothing but good things to say about the Hustlers. Both motors are great, but the general responses I have heard from them is the Kaw is the better pick.

9. markindetroit

markindetroit LawnSite Member
    from detroit

I just bought my Super Z/60"/27 Kohler for $8095. I used it on Sunday. I cut 6.25 acres in just over 3 hours. The machine works great. I am very happy with how it performed. Mine is for private use also. For the price, these machines are fantastic. Just don't wait too long to decide.

10. rott_dobe

my problem is the way my local dealer handles the demos. The local Scag dealer is great...drops off the machine at my house and picks it up the next day...or sometimes four days later. They are a great dealership.

My local Hustler dealer wants to come drop it off, watch me drive it around for 5 minutes, then take it back to his shop. That's not a demo to me. I want to use it to mow my whole yard...in other words get some real use out of it. A few minutes of driving it around doesn't give me enough time to feel comfortable on the machine. I have this so-called "demo" scheduled for this weekend, and the only reason I'm not cancelling and buying something from the better (Scag) dealer is I believe I will absolutely love the Hustler. If I do fall in love with the Super Z, I'll have to drive an hour one way to purchase it from someone who is a little more "friendly" to someone not in the business!