Checking up on sub-work

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Feb 17, 2007.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

Do you guys check up on work that you have sub-contracted out? I usually do. I checked out a place that I sub contracted out to another contracter for snow plowing. I noticed one concern. The city sidewalk was blocked with snow where the the enterance is. My question is Do I call my sub-contracter and tell him to clean it up? or wait and see if the customer complains and calls me up. :confused: Thanks in advanced!:canadaflag:
  2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd do one of two things.

Clean it off myself, or make the sub come out and do it. Do NOT wait for the customer to complain!

In EITHER case, the sub gets a phone call and an earful.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I always like to atleast drive by to check out sub work.

I'd call him up and tell him not to do it again. Be nice about it, and just say when driving by you noticed the snow had been piled over the sidewalk, and thats not a good place for it.
  4. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

Always check out your sub contracted work,your name hangs on that account. Give the sub a call and tell him your concerns. Usually that is all on your Sub Contractor Agreement that is agreed to before the job is contracted out.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

But is your sub just a plow driver or is he supposed to get out and shovel as well. In the past non of my subs were ever contracted to get out of the truck...

What if he was done plowing and left the property when the city truck came by ? How is that his fault....