Checkmate Striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tez34, Feb 7, 2005.

1. tez34

tez34 LawnSite Member

I just ordered the checkmate striping kit for my mower. Thanks for the input and the direction to checkmates web site. I hope its as good as everyone says. I'll post some before and after pictures once I receive the unit.
    Thanks Chris

2. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

Can i get some information on the checkmate striping kit, like a website or something? I haven't seen this kit.
    Thanks

3. tez34

tez34 LawnSite Member

Go to bigleaguelawns.com, they have a great web site. I called them today on the phone and they called me back in 5 minutes. Great to deal with.

4. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply, I've already talked to them but they couldn't help me. They don't make one for a scag, so they recommended the factory one. Even though they could not help me, I do have to say the man that contacted me back was very helpful.

5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I could have saved you at least 30 bucks and got you a striper that would last longer as well, while giving you the same effect.

6. cleancutccl

Here is a picture of mine.

7. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

I like that will, you share the build materials and instructions? I need to make one for my Lazer Z.

8. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

ok I"m interested. Save me $30

9. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

how much is one of those going for, I was thinking of building my own, do they fit on walkers.

10. cleancutccl

Basically tell me what mower you have, and these are $30 bucks cheaper than checkmate. They fit any walk behind, I have fit them to gravely and grasshopper ztrs, and the wright stander. If there is something to mount two bolts to on the rear of your mower it will fit onto it.