1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Checkoff ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Mar 28, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Any one have any good examples of checkoff sheets they use for their employees to go through at the beginning of each workday that they must sign off on? ie... grease mower, check oil, coolant, blades, etc. . I need a good example to go off of. Thanks in advance...
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Just make one
  3. chimmygew

Thanks Pocket. that is the single most helpful bit of advice I have ever recieved on here. I was looking for examples to make sure I didn't leave anything out, but thanks for wasting my time.
  4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, Chimmygew,
    Are you certified and licensed to be making checklists? :D
  5. chimmygew

:D :rolleyes: :D :waving: :p !!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA. That is one of the funnier ones... I like that.
    Actually in Indiana to make a checklist, you only have to have liability insurance... J/K
  6. marko

Must be nice. Here in Illinois you have to work under someone for 3 years, take the test, pay $250/yr for checklist maker certification (if you just use the checklist you are a user and the license is only $40/yr provided the maker is looking over your sholder while you are using it). Good luck.
  7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

checklist would be a good idea. My boss told me a former employee always lied about greasing. Then a part blew due to his lies.
  8. marko

It will be a good guide, but the prob I see is the item just getting a check mark and not physically done or checked.
  9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Write out what you want checked every day,weekly,hourly or mileage and put one person in charge to check every nite after the equiptment is in. Do this at nite so if something if found to be wrong,(a belt ready to break etc.)it can be fixed before it happens with only one person on the clock and not a whole crew looking around the next morning waiting for it to be fixed and getting in the way.Have hour meters on the w/b's to keep an accurate time on the ACTUAL hours they ran so you do not OVER maintain them and spend uncessary time greasing them or changing the oil every week.In the morning your crews should only have to check tires of the eqiptment for flats and a quick PTI( pre trip inspection)of truck and trailer. A couple of thoughts.