cheep thacher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sbvfd592, Feb 24, 2002.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

well i took the craps man mower out of the shed 2day and got it going after i got some accounts in a part of town so it only took 1 hour to get the mower running peace of crap but anyway i got it running and put this thatching blade that i have its made by Arnold it has 2 springs with wires sticking off of them and so i slapped it on just to try it out i have to give it a thumbs up have any of u ever used one of these it worked out well just have to seed in a couple of weeks and i should be all set then spread some starter fertilizer and hope for the best pray for rain
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

take a pic if u can id be interested in getting one. good luck with the rain lol.
  3. CRAP, my old Snapper had them, couldn't tell if they ever worked.

Why half azz the job?

Get or rent a power rake.
  4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

well lgf i just whanted to see if it whould work i was inteding to get a thacher but this works just as good i couldent beleave it
  5. Excuse me but did you read the title of this forum b/4 posting?

The equipment you have described in this thread is not even close to commercial equipment.

It's pure junk and is not acceptable as commercial equipment.

Most likely you will be doing more damage than good and if you try and use this junk commercially you can expect a call from your state dept. of consumer affairs from a complaint from a "customer" (victim actually) that lawn was destroyed.

P.S. I should have never even replied. For I cannot delete my post. I just checked the profile of the thread started and he is a 15 year old boy.
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

pure junk like toros are and walkers use to be right stone :D :p
  7. Only one way to properly dethatch a lawn.

Power rake with a good flail reel.

Stone ease up on the Crapsmen we know you had to start some where with a crapsmen too.

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Be easy on the little ones. They have to play with their toy mowers too you know. Let them have their fun. They will be replaced by a pro LCO soon enough, when the customers get tired of the kiddie's tearing up their lawns!
  10. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Man, quit beating this guy up. Sure it's not commercial equipment, but it just goes to show you how gullible you are to believe anything with commerical slapped on the side is meant for the job.

The big, public traded companies are all demanding innovatative businessmen in their job slots, and that's why you mow lawns.