Cheepest Leaf Loader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Potchkins, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

what can i get away with,
    lesco?
    what about some of the others?
    let me know what yal think.

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Fork at Walmart $9.99

Try an ad in a penny saver type paper for a used one maybe. I bought mine at a repossessed auction.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Our original Leaf Vacuum was from Landscapers Supply, had it for 8 seasons used hard until the motor finally went on it. It wasn't the prettiest machine but it worked well, had an 11hp Briggs & Stratton I/C. We may rebuild the motor this winter and use it as a second machine next season. We bought a Lesco last season and had a lot of problems with the motor, but it is working great now after new rods and heads. I guess it all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much you'll be using it.

4. Potchkins

Landscapers Supply?
    can you post a link?
    thanks
    where do you buy lesco?

5. Lbilawncare

Landscapersupply.com I don't know if the model we had/have is on the website, but it is in their catalog.

6. Lbilawncare

sorry, www.Lesco.com type in your area code for nearest dealer. Our is 1 1/2 hours away , but the service is excellent!

7. Potchkins

what about lesco's prices?

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

CANTOO has it right, I would have suggested a 'tarp N rake'..
    cheep is just that. Look at your list of toys and you want a cheap leaf loader, go dig up one of the cans you have buried in the back yard and purchase something that will do the job.
    BobR

9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

Find a used one now and rebuld it in the off season. verry cheep

10. Cheep.

Chevy's version of Jeep!? :D Sorryyy!

If i stay in the biz next year I am going to look into getting one too. I think Ill buy an old one and have my small engine guy fix it up. He's the father of a lady in our church and he works for $5.00 an hour!!! It's more of a hobby but he knows his stuff!!