Lawn Care Forum banner

Chelated Iron results from PG Ultra - 1 week

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Avery 
#1 ·
A week ago I sprayed Chelated plus Iron (12-0-0) on a property with KY Bluegrass. I ran one gallon (128 oz) in my mix. Also had 2 qts of Momentum and a 1/2 pint of spreader sticker.

I had seen on a earlier thread that people were getting results at 3 oz / 1000, but for easier figuring, I used 4 oz, which gave me the one gallon.

So far, the color of the grass is the one on the right, a decent green, but it isn't a deep dark forest green color like the one on the left. Is that the same results that the rest of you have gotten?

I know on the label it recommends 6-9 oz / 1000, but there have been others that say if you over apply, then the iron will have a tendency to turn your grass brown.

#4 ·
LwnmwrMan22,
I am happy with the results from the 3 oz. per 1000Ft2. I have used the high rate in the past with the hose and expermented with minimum dosages as well. I am happy with the results from 3 oz. per 1000Ft2. You can up the dosage to the upper limit as avery prefers and it will be a darker shade of green for sure.
Continue your experments and find what works best for you.
One other note...........Iron is foliar absorbed and you will see results as soon as 48hrs. after application, but I feel the full effect is about a week after some rain or irrigation.

Keep us posted :D

Pete D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.