Chemical App. Through Irrigation System

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by procut, May 11, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

This may be a really dumb question, but I know vertually nothing about irrigation systems, but the other day I had an idea. Is it possible to some how "tap into" one of the irrigation lines and use the system to spray fertilizer/chemicals over a lawn. Just wondered if it is possible, Thanks!

2. AceSprinkleRx

AceSprinkleRx LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

It's called 'Fertigation'. There are a number of good articles about it on irrigation.org. Here's one Click Here.

3. kerdog

kerdog LawnSite Member

Hey Procut-------

Do a search here on lawnsite for fertigator, a search for "fertigation" on your favorite search engine, or check out the site at fertigator.com.

Not sure how long fertilization thru residential irrigation has been around, a few years, I guess. Doesn't seem too popular, I haven't seen a system with an injection system, but I'm pretty new to irrigation. Have heard pro and con.
    I think the basic idea is good.....

See ya--------
    kerdog

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys, I didn't even know the term "Fertigation." Sounds interesting, I'll read through some of those articels thanks!

5. Leo's

Leo's LawnSite Member

Rid O Rust systems now except a fertilizer you just put it into the rid o rust tank and it sprays through the system it works real good in my opinion makes me cut my lawn 3 days a week

6. johndarron

johndarron LawnSite Member

Have been installing fertigation systems on commercial and residential systems for the last (8) years. Have used about every system that is on the market and for the residential side I prefer the EZ-FLO fertilizer injection system.

Thanks,
    Darron Bryant