1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chemical cost question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Weslawn, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Weslawn

Weslawn LawnSite Member
    from AL

Hello All! This my first post to this board although I have been reading over topics for sometime. I have been growing grass for over 25 years but only recently for customers in a home lawn.
    My question to ya'll is not about specific programs for lawn care or number of rounds etc. But I am curious what you shoot for in chemical cost when expressed as a percentage of gross revenue. I know there are a lot of factors that can play into this number like geogrphical location, number rounds per year, turf type etc. But if you do not care to share this info I beleive it would be helpful as a discussion. If you look at cost on a per Acre basis feel free to share that annual number also.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Cost are going up it seems. I think 1.75 is a good average cost per k
  3. Weslawn

Weslawn LawnSite Member
    from AL

Thanks Duekster. You think that number includes your spot spraying chemicals as well? So on a ten thousand sq ft lawn your at $17.5. If your at say $58 for the treatment then it would be close to thirty percent of gross for chemicals. That sound about right to most folks?
    Posted via Mobile Device