Chemical Distributors

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TScapes, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Question for you LCO's. I have purchased our chemicals from a partilcular "National" vendor that is a sponsor here. However, over the years I have become more and more discouraged by them. I was curious who people use. I am simply looking for distributors, not manufactors like Dow, Regal,etc. I am simply looking for some one like Helena, Prosource,One or some others. I figured that like myself, you guys would be willing to help someone that is looking for a cost-effective way to purchase a vast array of products, not just a few. Any help is much appreciated!

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I had good luck with Prosource One in Iowa. My guy was the best. I think it has a lot to do with the rep you get.

3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I used Prosource a couple of years ago, but they went through a structural change and got rid of the branch manager I dealt with. What a loss! I loved them because there was no limit to what I could get, plus they would custom make fert for me for some of my problem properties.

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We get our chem & fert products from Willbur Ellis Co. I dont know if they service in your area , but they are a very good business to deal with.

5. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto the above! Neal

6. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

marko, who is your rep? I'm in southeast Iowa and in talking with some other LCO's in the area they all speak highly of Terry G. Is this the rep you have dealt with, if so then wow that guy is developing quite a good rep from what I can see.

Thanks

-Geoff

7. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

Verdicon, formally United Horticultural Supply. Great products, and very good prices. The number to the place I deal with is 1-800-525-7474 ask for Scott. It is in western PA, I'm sure if you call them they will give you a local number who you could deal with.

8. TurfRx

TurfRx LawnSite Member

Helena doesn't have a warehouse in Knoxville but they can ship via UPS or other carrier (if order requires) from their Spartanburg, SC warehouse. Contact name is Doug Moore 1-800-582-4321.