Chemical license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Does anybody have any tips or storys about taking the test or studying for it? Where do I pic up a study guide?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Each state is different. Study your study materials. If you are able to answer all of the chapter review questionsin both core and turf, you are pretty well prepared. Good luck!

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

There will be 2 manuals. The core and the category you will work in. Read the manuals with highlighter in hand and review every once and awhile. The Indiana turf test is not hard. Know a little history, identify a couple of insects and weed, and be able to do some very basic math and anybody can pass the multiple guess test here. The manuals are about $40.00 each and worth every penny even if ya don't get around to the test. Just do it

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy LawnSite Member
    Male, from Indiana

I'm looking into getting my chemical license for landscaping I know this post is from 12 years ago and I was wondering where to go and get the forms and is it still easy that you know of and from what i'm hearing it's pretty hard now to get and any information you have would be great thanks...

6. wheatus

wheatus LawnSite Senior Member

For Indiana. $30 per manual. You need to contact the Office of Indiana State Chemist (OISC) either by phone or through their atrocious website. OISC is affiliated with Purdue University. If you have no previous experience you will have to take a two day hands-on course ($200) or work for a certified applicator for 90 days. In addition you will have to take and pass the Core and Category 3b exams. Once you have completed all of the requirements you send a check of ~$100 to the OISC along with a form for the business license and for your certification.

Hoosier Daddy likes this.
  7. Hoosier Daddy

Male, from Indiana

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and giving me the information that I needed and I'll be calling on monday. Thanks again

8. Hoosier Daddy

Male, from Indiana

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post and giving me the information that I needed and I'll be calling on monday. Thanks again

9. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

I'd take a hard pass on it. It's a warrior the government to interfere with your life.

I got pulled over by this compliance skank once and I just told her to pound sand. My business isn't her business. She came back at me after I gave them a hell of a runaround for four months and when they got around to checking SURPRISE I don't even uses pesticides.

Now because of their constant harassment I keep the threat of a nuisense lawsuit dangling over their heads like the G-D sword of Damocles. They'll never bother me again, never let them get the upper hand.

I also post several of their work e-mails to various alternative lifestyle dating websites for good measure.

oqueoque likes this.