Chemical . Mowing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArizPestWeed, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I just figured out that you must always be two weeks behind!

If you look closeley at the POST YOU STARTED TWO WEEKS will see that Ric states chemical mowing is on the gly label and stated 12.3.

The discussion wasn't about if "chemical mowing" was on the label it was about the characteristics and properties of the product!
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

AirHead is slow, but not as slow as you think. He is just fishing the same pond. He was fishing for both you and me and he got two bites real quick.

I am not getting into an other discussion of whether Glyphosate is a Select or Non Select. However the last paragraph in section 12.3 Titled "Actively Growing Bermuda Grass", Does describe using Glyphosate as a Select.

Chemical Mowing ties in with the Boom sprayer thread in the fact proper Chemical mowing with out burn requires a good boom sprayer set up.
  4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

and thats only with orginal roundup, not roundup pro...if you read the roundup pro labels, its not there...
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Most off brand Glyphosate are in fact Original Roundup formulation. Fact is a lot of the Off Brands are packaged by Monsanto and they use Roundup Original.
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You are the Pot calling the Kettle black. You have started 3 thread now about Glyphosate and even posted a Tree hugger Link just to watch the reaction.

This link you posted only goes to show many Off Brands are in Fact Roundup Original and use much the same label. Just 50 miles North of me is a Chemical Repackaging Plant. They get Chemical delivered by Train Tank Cars or 18 wheel tanker trucks. They then put these chemicals into Jugs or Barrels with there own Brand name but the same EPA Number and Label Etc. They must repackage the product as received and can not Buy pure technical grade and add water to the same percentage. This is because the water used in processing these chemicals is treated to a spec as well. Water is not always water per say. Water has soluble elements in it.
  8. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Ric, been trying to PM you but can't - need to free up some space for new PM's.
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

PM should work now.
  10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Love at last -- oh yah. I checked out the links provided (thanks). Ric has previously rubbed me the wrong way, but I know now that he really knows his stuff. Thanks Ric - even though your "bedside manner" is not 100%? I picked on you, and you picked on me, yet I'm looking forward to further posts from you....mainly cuz you do the research (thanks) and know your stuff. Regards, a fellow hard head from corn country.