chemical suits/ respirators?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Lawn DOG, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know of any good online or catalog dealers where I can purchase Tyvek disposible suits, respirators etc..?

2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey LawnDog

I work for LESCO, so I'd be a fool not to share this one with you

1-800-321-5325 or send me an email with your address & I'll mail you the safety catalog.

Grainger if there is a branch near you or www.grainger.com

A.M.Leonard : I dont know their number. They're almost certainly on line.

Steve sls247@lesco.com

3. trooper

trooper LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Do a search for Gempler's. I don't have the contact info handy but I'll try to remember to get it.

They have all sorts of safety equipment.

Jeff

4. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

If you were to show up on a lawn wearing that getup, you would probably have the cops/fire dept/EPA/and the 6 o clock news after you. I doubt if the neighbors would be signing up either.:alien:

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I wear a tyvek suit, a respirator, rubber boots and gloves to spray. No problems with customers.

6. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Mathew. That get up gives all the enviromentalists the proof they need to ban the "dangerous pesticides"

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I really don't care what the people think, I don't like the smell of 2,4 D on me so I wear the gear to help. I usually wear hearing protection too, I can't see them banning loud lawnmowers because of that.
    What do you guys wear?

8. dan deutekom

I always wear hearing protection too and yes they are trying to ban loud leaf blowers and mowers. It has been brought up before Toronto council just recently and I understand many jurisdictions in California have rules about blower noise.

9. dan deutekom

When I spray I wear long pants, rubber boots and gloves